Sunday, July 29, 2007

And the bottom drops out...

...Addendum to finding a great apartment - even though I have a guarantor, the landlord wants another month of security. So that means when I sign my lease they expect me to fork over: first month's rent, one month security, one extra month of security and a 12% broker's fee, aka $7770, because of course I can afford that up front...

And they don't even accept credit cards. Unreal. I might have to pull out of the deal now. I have to beg them to let me pay the extra month of security over time. I guess I am just shocked at how much they are asking given the price point - or maybe that's exactly why they're asking. I'm dependable, trustworthy, and a great tenant, but I might get screwed here. I'm feeling a bit whiny right now. I hate money sometimes.

No comments: